Is it just me or are there any other teenagers out there that has so much difficulty talking to their parents?
We watch all these shows where their parents are bff with them, can tell them everythg like from the boys they like to the insecurities they feel. These shows makes it look so... easy. In the shows that i watch, it seems like their parents are the ones that wants to be bff with their child and i wonder, why arent my parents like that? Or are they trying, only that i couldnt tell?
I want my parents to be my best friends. I want to be able to talk to my mom about the boy that has been making me have sleepless nights, or tell my dad about him who broke le heart. But i could never. Main reason is because i am afraid of their reaction. Maybe its an conservative thing, since they probably didnt have this open conversation type of relationship with their parents so its difficult for them to do it with us, with me. Or maybe its because there is just too many of us that they choose to stay out of it because they know once we land in deep shit, we'll find them eventually.
Its not like my parents dont know about the guys ive been crushing on. I go home and talk aloud about how i felt when i walked pass him and whoever hears, hear. And i know my parents were listening. Its not like i didnt show them the pictures, i make them watch the whole album with me! I told them about how i was teased and i complained about every single thing and share about the things that made me happy today. I tell them all these but what i really wanna tell them, i didnt.
I really wanna tell them about le broken heart, or about this one particular boy that i sincerely like, or about the bigger things that was weighing heavily in my heart. But i cant. And its making me crazy. I really want an open relationship between us but they grew up in a different generation than i did and i have no prediction of what the reaction would be like.
I am stereotyping. I am visualizing the possible reactions they would have by these numerous tv shows i've been watching. I didnt give them a chance to prove me wrong.
Thus as i turn legal i wanna make this relationship work, and open.
